Last Updated on June 3, 2019.
1. Information We Collect By Direct Entry
We collect the information you provide to us. Please be aware that whenever you submit information to register as a user or set up an account with RealRecruit®, you are providing us with some of your personal information. Furthermore, as additional features evolve and/or are added to the RealRecruit® platform, we may request, or you may have the option to provide us with additional personal information. Depending on how you interact with RealRecruit®, the personal information we collect from you may vary. Some examples of instances in which you may decide to provide personal information to us include:
- Creating an account;
- Signing up for email or text alerts;
- Interacting with other RealRecruit users;
- Filling out forms, questionnaires, and/or surveys, and by submitting information on the RealRecruit web-based portal;
- Submitting reviews related to one of our products or services; and
- Contacting us for technical support or customer service.
1.1 Personal Information That We Request.
1.1.1 Required information. In order for you to establish an account or create login credentials, we will likely ask for:
- your first and last name;
- an email address and/or a password of your choosing for logging in;
- your institution or organization; and
- the team(s) (if any) with which you are affiliated.
Please note that for gender-specific teams, your identification with a team may reveal information regarding your gender even though we do not actively collect such information.
1.1.2 Optional or Voluntary Information. In other circumstances, such as when you complete a form related to a particular service offering, you may choose or we may ask you to provide other additional information, such as:
- Your phone number;
- Your class, division, or rank;
- Your ethnicity;
- Your status as a transfer or international student;
- Your home town zip code;
- Your major and/or minor;
Information about your roll on the team or organization, such as
- your years of experience;
- your position;
- your expected or average amount playing time; and
- your scholarship status.
1.1.3 Free-Form Text Entry. RealRecruit® also allows users to submit information through the entry of free-form text. Please be aware that whatever information you provide in any free-form text field is also collected by RealRecruit®. Therefore, any sensitive or personal information provided will be collected and stored on our servers.
1.1.4 Other Social Media Platforms. If you connect to RealRecruit® using Facebook, Google+, or another social networking site (each a "Social Networking Site"), we will receive information that you authorize the Social Networking Site to share with us, including information about your friends and connections on that Social Networking Site. Any information that we collect from your Social Networking Site account may depend on the privacy settings you have set with the Social Networking Site. Please consult your Social Networking Site's privacy and data practices.
2. Information We Collect by Automated Means
2.1 Individuals typically access RealRecruit® through their computer, laptop, mobile device, tablet, or other internet-enabled device (each a “Device”). When you use RealRecruit®, your Device automatically provides information to us so we can respond and customize our response to you. The information we collect by automated means may vary, but generally includes technical information about your Device, such as your IP address or other Device identifier. We may also collect information relating to usage information and statistics about your interaction with RealRecruit®. Such information may include the URLs of our web pages that you visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, platform type, location data, and other information about how you used RealRecruit®.
2.2 Automated means of data collection include the following:
2.2.1 IP Address, Web Browser, and Device Information. When you visit a RealRecruit® website, your Device automatically sends us your Internet protocol ("IP") address so that the web pages you request can be sent to and accessed on your Device. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the Device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. We use your IP address to determine additional information, such as whether the Device has ever been used to visit RealRecruit® before, which RealRecruit® features were used the most often, and how much time was spent on a page.
2.2.2 Web Beacons and Log Files. RealRecruit® may, from time to time, use a variety of "Web Beacons,” including "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs," or similar means in connection with RealRecruit® and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of users, record the IP address of your Device, the URL of the web page, the date and time the page was viewed, and the type of Device and/or browser used, to determine the efficacy and utilization of and to compile aggregate statistics about RealRecruit® usage and response rates. This information is typically collected in “log files,” which we use to track traffic to, from, and on RealRecruit®. We use this information for a variety of purposes, including the management and maintenance of our RealRecruit®. This information is collected anonymously, in a manner that does not personally identify you.
2.2.3 Location Data. If you access RealRecruit® using a mobile Device, we will collect your physical location if you have enabled this feature. Even if you are not using a mobile Device, information about your general location may be discernable from your Device's IP address or the URLs we receive.
3. Information Third Parties Collect from RealRecruit®
Please be aware that your Device may have other applications or services enabled that collect your information while you use RealRecruit®. If you come to RealRecruit® from a social media site, from other websites or if you use a devices that enables third parties to collect information from or about you, such third parties may receive information about you subject to their privacy policies. We are not responsible for whether or how such third parties use your information.
4. How We Use Information
We may use the information we collect:
- to provide you with personalized content and services;
- to customize and improve the features, performance, and support of RealRecruit®;
- to show you relevant information, if you connect to RealRecruit® through a Social Networking Site, from your Social Networking Site friends and connections, and to allow you to share information with them;
- for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and service improvement;
- to communicate with you regarding our services;
- to analyze use of RealRecruit® and improve RealRecruit®;
- to create aggregate and statistical data that does not identify you individually and that we can commercialize;
- for other purposes that you separately authorize as you interact with RealRecruit®;
- as otherwise set forth in this Policy.
5. How We Share Information
5.1 RealReacruit® allows users to communicate with their teams, institutions, and/or organizations – both (1) actively and directly, and (2) also through the submission of anonymous information. While such information and/or content is created by you, RealRecruit® intends to– and frequently does – share with other users, particularly when such information addresses or suggests circumstances involving physical and/or emotional harm, criminal activity, ethical lapses, and other instances that require the attention and/or a response of your team, institution or organization. Among others, we may disclose information you submit to RealRecruit® as follows:
- Your team, institution, or organization may set up internal permissions for coaches, faculty, administrators, employees or staff members to review the information you submit;
- RealRecruit® personnel may review your information as part of their development, support, quality control, and/or risk response functions;
- Law enforcement and or emergency responders may be granted access to information if necessary in investigating crimes or responding to emergencies;
RealRecruit collects and records the following information which may be shared:
- Date and time stamps for when comments, content, or information are submitted to RealRecruit®;
- Survey data;
- Data submitted by you and other users;
- Realtime usage reports; and
- Personnel documentation.
RealRecruit® allows administrators, faculty, staff and/or others to read, print, and respond to the content you submit. RealRecruit® also allows teams, institutions, and organizations to establish their data retention and purge policies consistent with their own institutional or governmental obligations. Contact your organization’s administrator to learn the specific details about how your institution or organization uses and retains the information you submit.
Be aware that others may read the information you submit to RealRecruit®.
5.2 Except as set forth in section 5.1 above, RealRecruit® generally does not disclose your individual account information, content, or usage data to third parties. In this way, RealRecruit® allows users to submit anonymous reports or feedback. We do everything in our power to ensure that your anonymity is protected to the greatest extent possible. However, we may disclose your personal information as follows:
- With your consent;
- We use affiliated and unaffiliated service providers all over the world that help us deliver our service and run our business, including Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) for storing and supporting RealRecruit® and, accordingly, any data you provide is also subject to AWS’ Customer Agreement and Service Terms;
- We share aggregated usage statistics that cannot be used to identify you individually;
- In a reorganization or sale of our company or assets, your data may be transferred, subject to the acquirer accepting the commitments made in this Statement and compliance with applicable law;
- If you submit a direct message or report through RealRecruit®, we may disclose your personal information to the intended or necessary recipient; and
- We may share certain information that does not identify you personally, but which is unique to your use of RealRecruit®, such information you have entered at the time of registration of your account or login credentials.
5.3 Be aware that the in small communities, such as schools, athletic teams and clubs, or organizations, others may be able to identify you even if we protect your personal information. Details about your experiences, circumstances, activities, involvements and relationships may make it possible for another person to identify you. RealRecruit® cannot and will not attempt to prevent other users from identifying you if you reveal personal details in the content you submit.
6.3 What types of Cookies do we use? We use two types of Cookies on RealRecruit®: "session cookies" and "persistent cookies." Session Cookies are temporary Cookies that remain on your device until you leave RealRecruit®. A persistent Cookie remains on your device for much longer until you manually delete it (how long the Cookie remains will depend on the duration or "lifetime" of the specific Cookie and your browser settings).
6.4 What are Cookies used for? Cookies may transmit information about you and your use of RealRecruit®, such as your browser type, search preferences, and the date and time of your use. The data stored in Cookies is anonymous and is not linked to your personally identifiable information without your permission. Cookies may link to certain unique, non-personally identifiable information such as the information that you entered at time of registration or on your profile, but this is not linked to your name or any personally identifiable information.
6.4.2 Managing Cookies.
- We work with third parties, such as AWS for storing and supporting RealRecruit® and, accordingly, AWS may use the Cookies set on your device to measure the performance and track traffic to RealRecruit® generally.
- You may be able to opt out of AWS’ placement of Cookies by following opt-out instructions provided by AWS, to the extent such instructions are provided.
- You may also be able to disable placement of some (but not all) Cookies by setting your browser to decline cookies, though this may worsen your user experience. If you delete your browser cookies, your opt-out cookie will also be deleted. Additionally, if you change computers or web browsers, you will need to opt out again. A useful resource for information about deleting and controlling cookies can be found at AboutCookies.org.
7. Other Important Privacy Information
7.1 Choices Regarding Your Personal Information.
7.1.1 You can manage your account settings in the “Account Settings” page on RealRecruit®. We may provide you with the opportunity to 'opt-out' of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes and to unsubscribe from newsletters and other forms of communication.
7.1.2 We may send you notifications, communications, or other messages using the contact information (e.g., your e-mail address) you provide to us when you register or when you request information from us. You may opt-out of continuing to receive optional messages by following the instructions included in each message, however some messages may be delivered regardless of your preferences so that we can advise you of important changes or updates or in accordance with other legal obligations. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all portions or all functionalities of RealRecruit®. Also, you can control most of the e-mails you receive from us by editing your e-mail preferences within "My Account" settings on the site. You hereby release us from any responsibility for communications you do not receive.
7.1.3 We may send you service-related announcements when we believe it is necessary to do so. Generally, you may not opt-out of these announcements. If you do not wish to receive these announcements, you have the option to deactivate your account.
8. Security Safeguards
8.1 Security. We employ physical, electronic, and managerial measures to safeguard the information we collect online. However, no company can fully eliminate security risks, so we cannot make guarantees about any part of our services. You are responsible for keeping your username and password secret. Once you have registered with us, we will never ask you for your password. Please create a unique password for RealRecruit® and do not use it for any other web services or applications. Do not share your password with anyone else.
8.2 Privacy of Minors. RealRecruit® recognizes that some of its users may be under 18 years of age (“Minors”). Be aware that minors may be subject to certain protections and restrictions, depending on their governing jurisdiction. Minors must obtain parental consent to use RealRecruit®. Minors under 13 years of age are expressly prohibited from using RealRecruit® or providing any personal information. If you become aware that a Minor under 13 years of age has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at info@RealRecruit.com. If we become aware that a minor under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we will remove such information and terminate the account.
9. Legal Compliance
9.1 RealRecruit® is based in the U.S., and the Company’s offices are headquartered in the U.S. Please be aware that information you provide to RealRecruit® and that RealRecruit® obtains as a result of your use of RealRecruit® may be processed and transferred to the U.S. and be subject to U.S. law. The privacy and data protection laws in the U.S. may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using RealRecruit, or by providing RealRecruit® with your information, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the U.S. RealRecruit® will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely in accordance with this Policy.
9.3 Members and Institutional Users are encouraged to hold themselves to the highest levels of ethics, integrity and to act accordingly when using RealRecuit®. Your access to RealRecruit® may be immediately terminated upon the suspicion that you are using RealRecruit® to circumvent any laws or regulations or to shield information from public view when such public view is allowable and compelled by law.